- All application forms and documentation must be received by the Admissions Office before any application is processed.
- In order to be considered for school admission, the child should be 5 years old by 1st October of the academic year the child is applying to start school, e.g. a child applying for IPC1 must be 5 years old by 1st October of the academic year.
- Viking International School (VIS) reserves the right to reverse admission process or dis-enroll a student if:
- the student’s best interests and needs cannot be met effectively by the School’s programme and services;
- the student’s behavior is deemed to jeopardize the welfare of the school community;
- school fees are not paid in accordance with terms and conditions of VIS
- at any point it comes to school’s notice that any unauthentic documentation has been provided, or that a family has withhold vital information related to education from the school.
The year group placement of a child is undertaken carefully to ensure success for the learner. We look at academics, social skills, and our school’s capacity to make sure that your child is put in the best position for happiness and achievement, both for the year they join and all of their subsequent education.
The placement of new students is based on three factors:
- The age of the student on October 1st of the academic year
- An assessment/interview
- A record of previous school experience and grades
The school has the right, in some circumstances, to place children at a grade outside their age range if this is seen as necessary for the child’s academic and social success. The criteria for advancement to the next grade level are based on two factors: Firstly, whether the classroom teacher, in consultation with the leadership team, evaluates that the student has met the requirements of their present grade curriculum; and secondly, how effectively they will meet the following grade’s curriculum.
The age requirements for each grade are shown below:
Below you will see the age range for children in a year group on October 1st of the school year.
IPC 1 5-6 years
IPC 2 6-7 years
IPC 3 7-8 years
IPC 4 8-9 years
IPC 5 9-10 years
- Any leaving notices should be given in writing 3 months before the student departs.
- Monthly school fees will remain due during the 3 months’ notice period.
- Students will be required to ensure that all materials borrowed from the school are returned to the school, or the family will be billed for missing/damaged items and their replacement cost.